I just got an awesome new camera, the Nikon D3100.
I bought a mid-grade Nikon point and shoot a year back because I wanted to start playing around taking pictures, mostly as a way to force myself to leave the house and get outside (I can be a serious hermit when I want to be). So I tooled around and got myself out and about taking pictures, and really enjoyed it. Now I'm in the process of starting a diaper cake business and my camera wasn't really cutting it for product photography. I pulled the trigger and bought the heavy duty DSLR. Now, I just need to figure out how to get the most out of it. I've been snapping pictures at home (since I'm petrified to take this incredibly expensive camera outside the confines of my safe home environment) and trying to set up some 'studio' like scenarios for photographing the diaper cakes. After a few days of trying out the various auto modes I got out the manual and started reading up on all that my camera could do. I have also pinned numerous links on Pintrest for quick tip guides. One of my most favorite finds on Pintrest are the photo challenges, where everyday you have to take a photo of something. I'm super excited to start the March photo challenge, only problem is... I'm already 8 days behind. Pure. Lazy.
Here's a picture of my pretty new camera:
My goal before the week is up: get up to date on the photo challenges!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment